- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 1 whole 4-5 pound pork butt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
Kogi BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fermented hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot, cut into matchsticks or julienned
- 1 cup green papaya, cut into matchsticks or julienned
- 4 cups shredded napa cappage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 thinly sliced red Thai chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Whisk together the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
If the roast is tied up with butcher string, untie it. Pat the roast dry with paper towels. Rub the pork rub into the roast all over, reserving any leftover spice mix for later. Place in a large plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
The complete article can be found in Issue #277 of the Tokyo Journal. Click here to order from Amazon.